Would you like to sponsor one of our events? Click here for a sponsorship form.
Halloween Fun Nite
Saturday, October 29th, 2022
North County Recreation and Park District presents Halloween Fun Nite! This event will include Kids Costume Contest, pumpkin carving contest, games, trunk or treat, and so much more spooky fun. The fun starts at 5PM in the Rec Center and ends at 9PM!
- Located at 11261 Crane St. Castroville
- Community partner: Castroville Midnighter’s car club
Pumpkin Carving Contest
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED DUE TO MAXIMUM REGISTRIES
How to get your Free Pumpkin and Enter The Contest:
- Click on the link above to receive your free pumpkin and enter the contest
- Where to pick up your pumpkin: @ North County Rec | 11261 Crane St.
- When to pick up your Pumpkin: Thursday Oct 27 | 2pm to 6pm | Child must be accompanied by an adult
- Child must carve pumpkin at home and bring it back on
- When to bring your Pumpkin back:
- Friday, October 28|10am-6pm, OR
- Saturday, October 29th | 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- Winners will be announced at Halloween Fun Nite, October 29
- WINNERS MUST BE PRESENT TO RECEIVE THEIR PRIZE
Scary Story Teen Writing Contest
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
The Scary Story Teen Writing Contest: We will open registration: October 11| Deadline: October 21th.
- To enter, you must be between the ages of 13-18 | must be in high school.
- Short stories should be between 250 to 300 words and be the writer’s own original, previously unpublished work.
- Previously published stories and stories forthcoming at other publications cannot be considered. This includes stories that have been self-published online on personal websites or other publishing platforms, including blogs and school publications.
- By submitting your work, you are acknowledging that it is your own creation, that it has not been borrowed from any other person’s work (including film and video content), and that the characters and situations are of your own invention.
- Story must be Halloween themed
- No entry fee is required.
- Only one submission per person.
- North County Recreation and Park District reserves the right to approve all final, edited content.
- A parent or legal guardian must sign a consent form for North County Recreation and Park District to publish the names of winners who are under the age of 18 on our website and social media platforms.
- You must submit your short story to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proof of age must be provided by all winners and finalists.
About the Contest
For our North County Recreation and Park District- Short Story Contest, we ask writers ages 13-18 to enter their original, unpublished fiction. We are interested in great short stories of any genre about the teen experience—literary, fantasy, sci-fi, love stories, horror, etc ( all stories must be halloween related) . What’s in a great short story? Interesting teen characters, strong writing, and a beginning, middle, and end.
The winning stories will be published on social media. The contest 1st,2nd, and 3rd place winners will receive prizes. Honorable mentions will be chosen in three age categories: 13-14, 15-16, and 17-18, and each will be announced on our website, by email announcement, and on social media.
How to Submit
When you are ready to submit, please send it to email@example.com, give us a call once you’ve submitted. You will receive a confirmation email upon submitting.
Easter Egg Hunt | 2023
Come and join us next year for our Annual Spring Break Easter Egg Hunt! April 2023.
Good Friday Calamari Dinner | 2023
Annual charity event to benefit North County Recreation & Park District, Drummond Culinary Academy at Rancho Cielo, North County Chamber of Commerce, and Boy Scouts Troop #505. Sponsored by Don Chapin Company.
- “All You Can Eat Calamari,” Pasta, Artichokes, Green Salad, and French Bread.
- Place: North County Rec Center, 11261 Crane St., Castroville
- No Host Bar
Other Upcoming Events
- Castroville Artichoke Food & Wine Festival
- June 2023 at Monterey County Fairgrounds.
CASTROVILLE’S PARTY IN THE PLAZA PARADE and CAR SHOW | May 2023
This North County Recreation and Park District hosted event will include a community parade, car show, outdoor concert, food and craft vendors, Aztec dancers, and Kids’ Fun Zone. Plan to spend the day with us at our annual Party in the Plaza!